How do I become a member?
• What is Quimper Village?
• What is Cohousing?
• Who are the members of Quimper Village?
• What is the timeline of the project?
• What is the history of Quimper Village?
• How will the project be financed?
• What will I own when the project is completed?
• What will our homes look like?
• How do I become a member?
Membership in Townsend Meadows Cooperative and purchase of a home in Quimper Village is only available to individuals and couples already primarily resident in the State of Washington. If you do not meet this requirement, please consider another cohousing community.
There are three stages to becoming a Member of Quimper Village :
A Scorable Questionnaire:
Is CoHousing For You?
- Visitor: You are window-shopping and want to know more about cohousing, what cohousing in Port Townsend might be like. You may attend up to three meetings .
- Associate: You are in the store, and you need significantly more information before you make a decision to buy. You will first review our Offering Memorandum with a member of our Legal/Finance Team. The Offering Memorandum is a legal document outlining specifics about the financial and legal structure of Quimper Village with warnings about the risks. If you are satisfied with the information contained in this document, you fill out an Associate Application and pay a joiner's fee of $500 which is non-refundable unless your application is not accepted. If your application is accepted, you will have a maximum of three months to make a decision to become a full member. During this time, you and village members will have an opportunity to get to know each other. To this end, you will attend meetings, join a team, attend social events and work with a member of the Membership Team to get your questions and concerns answered. If, within three months, you have not applied for membership, you will be placed on inactive status - meaning that you may no longer attend meetings or participate on a team. You will continue to receive our newsletter and be notified about social events. At any time you may apply for full membership assuming there is still a unit of your desired size available.
- Member: You want to be part of Quimper Village and have decided to buy. After you have been accepted as an Associate, you must attend at least three events, including a general meeting and a team meeting. Once you have met this requirement, you may apply for full membership by signing the Offering Memorandum Subscription Agreement and arranging to pay the accrued Required Capital Contributions which, by July, 2016, will amount to 22% of the cost of the home you wish to purchase. This amount will count towards the down payment on your home.
If you would like more information or have an opportunity to get your questions answered and to meet members of our community, we invite you to attend one of our Coffee and Conversation sessions, a general meeting or a social event. To learn more, please check our Join Us page for the times and locations of meetings and other events.