What is the timeline of the project?
• What is Quimper Village?
• What is Cohousing?
• Who are the members of Quimper Village?
• What is the timeline of the project?
• What is the history of Quimper Village?
• How will the project be financed?
• What will I own when the project is completed?
• What will our homes look like?
• How do I become a member?
Our group formed in 2014 and has moved quickly. In February 2015, Members incorporated as Townsend Meadows Cooperative (TMC), our legal instrument for developing Quimper Village.
The initial design phase is done and our architects have completed construction drawings. The City approved our Planned Unit Development (PUD) application in late 2015; we have selected Fairbank Construction Company as our general contractor and we have secured a construction loan with First Federal bank. A groundbreaking celebration was held at the site on July 14, 2016 and construction is underway! We hope to begin moving in by Fall, 2017—only three years after Quimper Village was born! As we remind each other frequently, we’re seniors—we don’t buy green bananas.